Just a quick reminder that this is the last weekend to enter to win Crystal Embellished + Reusable Straws from Straw Envy. There will be three winners and this giveaway ends on Thursday July 31st at 11:59pm est.
If you are planning an elegant bridal shower or wedding, you will love these Silver and Gold Place Card Frames.
Add a touch of glitz and glam to your wedding or special event with these All that Glitters Gold Frames. These frames can be used as place card holders, menu signs for your candy buffet or fabulous favors for your guests. The frame is made from resin and has a removable chalkboard inset.
I have a fun post for you today - my popular Strawberry Invitation that's available as a customized Print at Home File is now also in my etsy shop as an instant download. You can now choose to download it as a Fill-In Printable Strawberry Party Invitation and start customizing it immediately yourself. You can either hand-write in the details or bring the file into you favorite photo editing program and add in the type before printing. Celebrating any strawberry themed party just got a whole lot easier with this Strawberry Invitation Printable.
Speaking of strawberry parties - how about having a bridal shower brunch that's strawberry themed and serving these delicious Strawberry Rolls with Vanilla Glaze from the photo filled cookbook, Sally's Baking Addiction? Sally is the editor of the popular blog SallysBakingAddiction.com and her new cookbook is filled with so many amazing and "Irresistible Cookies, Cupcakes & Desserts for your Sweet-Tooth Fix". Today, Sally is here to share her recipe for the Strawberry Rolls with Vanilla Glaze.
Strawberry Rolls with Vanilla Glaze Recipe
Prep time: 30 minutes • Total time: 2 hours, 25 minutes • Makes: 10–11 rolls
1 1/2 cups (190g) finely chopped strawberries
1/3 cup (70g) granulated sugar
1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
2 3/4 cups (345g) all-purpose flour, plus extra for dusting
3 tbsp granulated sugar
1 tsp salt
2 1/4 tsp instant dry yeast (1 standard packet)
1/2 cup (120ml) water
1/4 cup (60ml) milk
2 1/2 tbsp (40g) butter
1 cup (120g) confectioners' sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp (30ml) heavy cream or milk
1. Make the filling: Warm the diced strawberries in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Stir constantly for 4 minutes until the strawberry juices have been released. Add the granulated sugar and cornstarch and continue to stir for another 2 minutes. The mixture will thicken. Remove from the heat and chill until ready to use. The filling must be very cold.
2. Make the dough: In a large bowl, toss 2 1/4 cups flour, the granulated sugar, salt, and yeast together until evenly dispersed. Set aside.
3. Heat the water, milk, and butter together in the microwave until the butter is melted and the mixture is hot to touch—about 125-130 degrees F. Stir the butter mixture into the flour mixture. Add the egg and add at least 1/3 cup of additional flour to make a soft dough. You may need up to 1/2 cup if your dough is too wet. The dough will be ready when it gently pulls away from the side of the bowl and has an elastic consistency.
4. On a lightly floured work surface, knead the dough for 3 minutes. Lightly spray a bowl with non-stick spray and set the dough inside. Let rest for 10 minutes.
5. After 10 minutes, roll the dough out into a 14 x 8in rectangle. Spread the strawberry filling on top. Roll up the dough tightly along the long edge. Cut into 10-11 even pieces and arrange them in a lightly greased, 9-in, round or square pan. Loosely cover the rolls with aluminum foil and allow to rise in a warm, draft-free place for 1-1 1/2 hours. **
6. After the rolls have doubled in size, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Bake for 25–30 minutes until lightly browned. After 15 minutes, rotate the pan in the oven and loosely cover the rolls with aluminum foil to avoid heavy browning.
7. Make the glaze: Mix the confectioners’ sugar, vanilla, and cream together until smooth and drizzle over the rolls immediately before serving. These rolls taste best served on the same day. Unglazed rolls may be frozen for up to 2 months.
** Sally Has Included This Note: The rolls must rise in a warm environment. When it’s time for rising, I preheat the oven to 200 degrees F. Then I turn the oven off and place the rolls inside. After 1–1 1/2 hours, the rolls will be puffy and ready to bake. To make the night before, simply cover the rolls and allow to rise. Then leave out at room temperature until they’re ready to bake in the morning.
Today is the last day of a great exclusive sale from Wedding Paper Divas that I get to share with you. You won't find this sale anywhere on Wedding Paper Divas site. You can take $40 Off your order of $99 or more. Simply use Promo Code WPDSAVE40 anytime today until 11:59 pm PT. This offer is valid for New Customer Only.
Here's just a sampling a few of my favorite collections - you can see so many more beautiful designs here, including invitations, save the dates, thank you's and more.
Don't forget to shop Wedding Paper Divas TODAY and you will be able to take $40 off your order of $99 or more. Simply use Promo Code WPDSAVE40 until 11:59 pm PT today July 22nd, 2014.
I've been seeing lots of sheer skirts for layering over pencil skirts or to wear as a swimsuit coverup. But, how about with your wedding gown? I'm in LOVE with this look from BHLDN - it's the Elsa Tulle Skirt worn over the Elsa Gown. What do you think? Would you wear something like this on your wedding day? You could have one look for the ceremony and another look for the reception without having to purchase two separate dresses.
1. Keep it simple. It's your day and you want to look like YOU. Go for a glam smokey eye but keep the rest natural and pretty. Or if you want a red lip, go for soft shadows and a subtle smudged liner. When you look back at photos from your wedding day, you want to recognize yourself!
2. Stash a little powder and lip gloss in your MOH’s clutch or groom’s pocket. Those are the two things that always need to be touched up. You're going to be running around talking to everyone but your Groom or MOH will be by your side for the entire evening. You'll want to look fresh in all your photos, not to mention all the iPhone pics your friends are snapping.
We like Jouer Translucent powder to keep your skin looking beautiful all night.
3. WATERPROOF! Mascara and eyeliner are a must have in waterproof for your big day. If the ceremony doesn't have you tearing up, your friends and family's speeches certainly will.
We like Stila Stay All Day Waterproof mascara and Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Smudgestick which comes in every color you could possibly want.
4. Try a lip stain under your gloss. With all of the eating, drinking and celebrating, you don't want to risk being bare-lipped. Once you find your perfect hue, use a stain to make sure that color lasts all night then just touch-up with a gloss for a nice full pout.
About Blushington: Blushington makeup and beauty lounge provides affordable, professional makeup applications through signature looks, as well as specialized brow, lash, tinting and waxing services. With locations in Newport Beach and West Hollywood, Blushington also sends artists directly to customers who prefer to get glam in the comfort of their own home, via their "At Home" services for the bride and bridal party.
About Brittany Spyksma: Brittany’s work has been featured in Flaunt, C Magazine, Miabella and others. She has created red carpet looks for the Golden Globes, SAG awards, Academy Awards, Grammy's and many other events. Celebrities that she’s had the pleasure of working with include: Jesse Metcalfe, Terri Seymour, Cara Santana, Pia Toscano, Dani Moz, Ashley Gearing to name a few.