Chicago's Sepia Restaurant Debuts Stylish New Private Dining Space
New Chicago Venue Brings the Michelin-Starred Sepia Experience to Life for Private Events
Chicago's Michelin star-rated Sepia restaurant is proud to announce the debut of its new private event venue, Private Dining by Sepia. Located next door to the restaurant in the space that previously housed fashion designer Maria Pinto's eponymous boutique, Private Dining by Sepia offers a warm, inviting, stylish space for hosting events of all sizes and serves as the perfect backdrop to the inventive seasonal American cuisine created by Executive Chef Andrew Zimmerman. The product-driven menus showcase the quality and purity of the ingredients, highlighting the best of the season. The same care carries through the wine and libation programs, emphasizing artisan winemakers and hand-crafted cocktails.
Available seven days a week for lunch, dinner, cocktail receptions, and meetings, Private Dining by Sepia offers an intimate venue to host a Chicago event. The space can accommodate 70 for a seated meal and 120 for a cocktail reception, and boasts a patio to accommodate 60 for an outdoor reception.
Gary Lee Partners, the design team responsible for Sepia's award-winning vintage-meets-modern interior, was tasked with translating the restaurant's sexy, shadowy interior into a stylish, versatile event space. The high ceilings and open layout are wrapped in a palette of deep, neutral tones, with details such as stunning, oversized Tony Duquette "sunburst" light fixtures; a portable turn-of-the-century walnut and pewter bar; etched antiqued metallic wall covering; and an oversized antiqued mirror in a gilded frame spanning the back wall. These features create a stylish, dramatic backdrop that is equally suited for a black-tie wedding reception, corporate event, or casual dinner.
The venue's previous incarnation as a designer boutique provided a solid foundation for Sepia to build upon in designing the space. The original grey bamboo flooring has been preserved, and the high ceilings and open layout will allow for the manipulation of space and scale to meet the needs of any event.
The space will also boast a patio, perfect for an intimate outdoor reception, along with an indoor lounge area just off the entrance, outfitted with plush, jewel-toned furniture, offering guests a relaxed space to mingle.
Private Dining by Sepia's seasonal menus are rooted in tradition, melding rustic sensibility with contemporary flair. Executive Chef Andrew Zimmerman highlights the best of the season, favoring local artisan growers using sustainable practices. No matter the occasion, Chef Zimmerman - together with Pastry Chef Cindy Schuman, Wine Director Arthur Hon, Head Bartender Josh Pearson, and the rest of Sepia's team - personally cater to each host's individual needs and preferences to create a memorable menu, be it an intimate dinner or a lively cocktail party.
The delectable hors d'oeuvres menu features hot and cold bites. Sample items include:
* Beef tartare, Thai red curry, rice cracker
* Tandoori chicken skewer, raita, preserved lemon
* Mini lobster roll
* Reuben: corned duck, 1000 island, water cress, rye gougere
* Artichoke caponata, pine nuts, mint
* Country-style pork pate, pickles, mustard
* White anchovy, avocado, scallion, lemon
* Roasted cherry tomato, buffalo ricotta, basil, balsamic
* Buffalo ricotta agnolotti, heirloom tomato "salsa crudo," basil oil
* Beet cured hiramasa, shaved fennel, cara cara orange, togarashi
* Foie gras crème brulee, toasted hazelnuts, petite herb salad
* Wild mushroom bread pudding, chicken jus, truffle emulsion
Private Dining by Sepia's seated dinner menu offers a wide selection of appetizers, soups and salads, entrees, and desserts. Pre-fixe menu options and personalized tasting menus are available, featuring an array of mouth-watering options. Sample dishes include:
* Coffee cured beef carpaccio, watercress, celery root, tarragon
* Terrine of house smoked sturgeon, fennel, apple, dill, pumpernickel
* Tortilla española, vegetables in escabeche, aioli
Soups and Salads
* Cucumber gazpacho, coriander infused melon terrine, peeky toe crab, herb salad
* Roasted beet and leek soup, whipped crème fraîche, caviar
* Mixed baby lettuces, chickpea puree, Chianti vinaigrette, vegetables crudite
* Buffalo mozzarella, piquillo peppers, marjoram, Pedro Ximenez vinegar
*Slow-cooked king salmon, sugar snap peas, breakfast radish, asparagus,
miso beurre blanc
* Braised duck leg, soft polenta, roasted root vegetables, tea soaked prunes
* Ale braised short ribs, red cabbage, spaetzle, mustard crème fraîche
* Gunthorp Farms pork porterhouse, buttermilk mashed potatoes, collards,
*Malted milk chocolate mousse on peanut butter crunch
* Almond panna cotta with blood orange gelee and poppyseed shortbread
* Chocolate caramel pecan tart with malted ice cream
* Cherry almond tart with toasted almond ice cream
For more information, or to plan an event, please call Martha Sarno at 312.441.1920.
Located in Chicago's West Loop neighborhood at 123 N. Jefferson St., Sepia features the inventive American cuisine of Executive Chef Andrew Zimmerman. Awarded one star by the prestigious Michelin Guide in November 2010, the restaurant is open for lunch from Monday through Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dinner is offered Sunday from 5 to 9 pm.; Monday through Thursday from 5:15 to 9:30 p.m.; and Friday and Saturday from 5:15 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. Sepia also features a chic lounge that is open Sunday from 5 to 9 p.m.; Monday through Thursday from 4:30 to 9:30 p.m.; and Friday and Saturday from 4:30 to 10:30 p.m. Valet parking is available. Reservations are recommended and may be made by calling 312.441.1920. For more information, please visit www.sepiachicago.com, or click here to become a fan of Sepia on Facebook.