Tips from Onsite Wedding Coordinators and Irresistible Honeymoon Packages from Island Resorts
When it comes time to plan a wedding, it may seem like falling in love was the easy part. However, choosing to say “I do” on Aruba, the One happy island, can ease the stressful planning from start to finish. Perfect weather, fantasy-inspired natural settings and outstanding resort services are only a few of the reasons that Aruba entices couples for both their wedding and honeymoon plans.
From sunset views at the California Lighthouse and a quiet dinner at the rustic pier, to a horseback riding tour around the island’s most romantic spots and a refreshing swim around the Natural Pool, a couple can find all the elements of a perfect celebration of their love in Aruba.
Couples are also reminded that Aruba offers a one of a kind online destination celebrations registry which makes the Aruban experience even more easy and enticing. The Aruba Celebrations Registry offers couple's friends and family the opportunity to purchase a part of their destination wedding or honeymoon as a wedding gift. The Aruba celebrations registry offers wedding guests multiple ways to pay for vacation expenses at a variety of price points, with options ranging from hotel stays to sunset sails and candle-lit dinners.
For those looking for advice on how to make their special day a memorable experience, Aruba’s resorts assure couples of unique wedding experiences through specialized wedding coordinators who can create a celebration that fits their wishes and budget. Below are some of the tips from wedding coordinators:
• The onsite wedding coordinator at Occidental Grand Aruba, Eliana Fun-Arguello, advises couples who plan a wedding in Aruba to “start early and book the day at the desired location well in advance, as certain dates are very busy and are taken quickly.” To assist, the hotel offers an online “save-the-date” invitation tool.
• Nashette Wouters at Bucuti Beach Resort thinks that the number one tip for a destination wedding is to build in extra travel time. “Don't plan to travel the day before your wedding -- give yourselves two or three days of padding, and suggest that your attending guests do the same. Many couples plan some fun events for a few days leading up to the wedding and hold the celebration on the final day. Then, if guests are delayed for whatever reason, they don't miss the main event.”
• Divi Resorts’ Lorraine Versteeg, Wedding Director of Aruba Weddings for You - an on-site destination wedding planning service, reminds couples that “the location of a destination wedding can naturally set a theme for the ceremony, which often leads to special touches atypical of traditional weddings.”
• At The Westin Resort & Casino, wedding coordinator Inge van Roon advises that “the Aruba sunset is not to be missed, so a late afternoon wedding is ideal to take advantage of the gorgeous views!”
Additionally, below is a sampling of Aruba’s resorts which offer their own honeymoon packages:
• The Westin Resort & Casino, Aruba - Stay Longer for $99 Per Night: Couples can extend their wedding stay to enjoy a honeymoon or post-celebration relaxation at only $99/night* through Dec. 18, 2011. Offer good for up to two nights, based on a minimum wedding stay of five nights. In addition to stunning oceanfront venues, the property offers special perks to wedding couples including an upgrade to a honeymoon suite at the group rate, complimentary airport transfers, an on-site wedding professional and a complimentary personalized Westin wedding booking webpage. For more details visit their website.
• The “Honeymoon Package” at the Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort in Aruba provides newlyweds with everything they need to rejuvenate and get away from it all. The package includes hotel accommodations with a balcony or terrace, all taxes and service charges, full American breakfast buffet daily, a bottle of champagne in the room, candlelight dinner for two on the beach and a daytime snorkel or sunset sailing cruise. Package rates start at $2,400 for 8 days/7 nights and $1,811 for 6 days/5 nights. The package is valid from April 24, 2011 – December 22, 2011. To book the package call (888) 4-BUCUTI or visit their website.
• Celebrate your marriage Caribbean-style by reserving a Honeymoon Package at the Divi Village Golf & Beach Resort. Starting at only $2,798 for two, these all-inclusive packages include: seven nights in a beautiful one bedroom suite, flower petals in your room upon arrival, all-inclusive meals and drinks during your stay and more! Travel now through December 23, 2011.
• Unwind with the Honeymoon Package available at the Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort. Enjoy five nights in either a Studio Suite or One Bedroom Suite, breakfast daily for two, fruit basket in room upon arrival and a romantic candlelight dinner at the Sunset Beach Bistro. Packages start at $1,395 per couple, and booking and travel is available now through December 23, 2011.
For more information on Aruba, please visit online at www.ARUBA.com or call 1-800-TO-ARUBA.
Aruba, One happy island, is truly an extraordinary experience. Located only two-and-a-half hours by air from Miami and four hours from New York City, the island is ideally situated in the southern Caribbean and boasts year-round cooling trade winds and perfect weather with average annual temperatures of 82 Fahrenheit and less than 20 inches of rainfall per year. Aruba serves up 28 luxurious hotels/resorts, championship golf courses, sumptuous spas, vibrant casinos, extraordinary international and local cuisine, exclusive shops and boutiques, exciting land and water activities, art galleries and museums, world-famous festivals and events, clubs and cafes with live music and world class beaches. The backdrop of a cosmopolitan tropical destination with warm, hospitable people is the perfect place for first-time guests and loyal visitors. For more information, please call 1-800-TO-ARUBA, visit us online at www.aruba.com or find us on Facebook.