American Express Travel Honeymoon Insider Linda D’Arcy unveils the top 10 honeymoon destinations for 2011:
* St. Lucia
* Costa Rica
Tips for planning a honeymoon according to Linda D’Arcy:
* Plan ahead to get the best pricing
* Use a Bridal Registry for guests to put “honey money” towards the price of your trip/extras
* Take your honeymoon in the off season to cut down costs
* Packages may provide amenities such as a free night, limo airport transfers, spa credits etc.
* Make sure your passport isn’t expired and check to see if a visa is needed
* Use your maiden name, you wont have time to change your documents before you depart
* Use loyalty points in tandem with “honey money” to cut down the cost of the trip
Programs such as American Express Travel Membership Rewards points can help offset hard costs of vacations
For additional information on American Express Travel, please visit www.AmexTravel.com.