After years of waiting for your very own special day, your wedding day - finally arrives. It can fly by with the blink of an eye and once over, you and your spouse will definitely want to celebrate the beginning of your lives as a married couple with a picture perfect honeymoon.
While planning the wedding is intense, planning the honeymoon should be exciting and easy. You want your honeymoon to be a trip you both will never forget, but don't want the planning of it to be stressful and tedious, so here are 5 easy steps to consider when planning your marital adventure from the experts at Kensington Tours, a leading private-guided travel company that has been voted as the best travel company by National Geographic.
1) Consider the time of year: If you're planning a summer wedding in the U.S., you may want to stay away from the southern hemisphere where the countries are mid-winter. If you've always wanted to visit Australia, this may not be the time to do it, as many of the activities you will want to do there, will not be available.
**Travel tip: Kensington Tours recommends the following destinations for each season's travel.
Summer: Europe (coastal) and Asia are the perfect places to visit during the summer, with weather being as warm as can be. You can opt to go island-hopping in the Greek Isles, explore the coast of the French Riviera, or explore the mountains of Japan.
Spring: Europe (cultural) and Australia. Pleasantly warm temperatures are the perfect times to go explore the ancient ruins of Greece and Rome, taste the wines of Tuscany, or eat croissants as you people-watch on the Champs Elysees. However, in the spring, the Australian eastern coast truly embraces its natural beauty as well as reaches an optimal temperature so it’s not as hot as an Australian summer.
Fall: America (cultural). If you’re more comfortable staying local, than this is definitely the time to look into exploring our very own continent. In the fall, you can experience the foliage of our every own Great Plains of the Midwest, explore the trenches of the Grand Canyon in Arizona or to remember the Alamo in Texas.
Winter: South America, Africa and Southeast Asia. While the northen hemisphere is in hibernation, the southern half of this world is the place to be. You will never find a better time to mingle with the locals in Buenos Aires, take a ride on an elephant to the villages in Vietnam, or behold the savage nature on the African savannah.
2) Choose Your Dream Destination: Don't forget to take your loved one's dreams into account, you are a team now! If you have both been longing to visit the ancient Egyptian pyramids, or go on an African safari and time of year permits, this is your chance to do it. Don't stress about the budget, because you only get your honeymoon once.
**Travel tip: If you book a private guided trip with Kensington Tours, they will customize the trip to fit your budget. Whether you want to spend $200 or $2000 per day, regardless of where you want to go- Kensington’s experts can make it happen!
3) Research the destination and what main things you want to see/ do there: Make sure you research the top 5 things you want to do/see while in your destination of choice, so you ensure you don't miss a thing. If you want to travel on your own, purchase a country guide a few weeks before and study the map to plan out how you can accomplish the itinerary. Because there is nothing worse than getting home and realizing you missed the Eiffel Tower in France.
**Travel Tip: If you don't have the time to do this, due to the stress of the wedding you can simply tell the region experts at Kensington Tours what those interests are and they will plan the trip around them to ensure it all flows smoothly.
4) Pack Appropriately: Pack at least 5 days in advance of the wedding so that you don't have to worry about it the days leading up to the wedding or directly after. Make a check list of all things you need to take, check the weather for the weeks ahead to plan your clothing accordingly, and don't forget your passport!
5) Have FUN! If you've done the right thing and planned for an adventure with an expert that takes the planning off your hands while you focus on the actual wedding, you're ready for the romantic adventure of a lifetime so enjoy!