BVI’s newest luxury destination lures honeymooners with romance, privacy and natural wonders
Newlyweds preparing to begin their life together embark on their honeymoon seeking special time that will allow their newfound commitment to grow without the intrusions of everyday responsibilities. And a romantic Storybook Honeymoon getaway to Scrub Island Resort, the first luxury destination to open in the British Virgin Islands in more than 15 years, not only gives couples the chance to explore and discover each other and their marriage but also invites exploration and discovery of a breathtaking tropical paradise first discovered nearly 500 years by Christopher Columbus.
Scrub Island Resort resides on an exclusive 230-acre island in the heart of the British Virgin Islands, a natural paradise fringed by pristine beaches that shelve gently into the azure Caribbean sea. Here, the newly married can find a haven from the distractions of the outside world so they can explore their commitment to each other as they desire and on their schedule.
The Storybook Honeymoon package features myriad romantic activities, luxurious amenities and fabulous accommodations, all designed to help honeymooners celebrate the beginning of their married life together. The package, which starts at $5,010 (including taxes and the resort fee), is available from April 1 through Dec. 15, and includes:
• Six nights with ocean-view accommodations
• A complimentary seventh night as the resort’s gift to you
• Airport welcome and transfer with unlimited ferry access to Tortola Trellis Bay
• Scrub Island special welcome amenity (fresh juice/rum presentation)
• A his and hers special amenity, such as a tote bag with sunscreen, beach towels, ball caps
• Anegada Island day trip for two, including lunch and drinks on the boat
• One champagne sunset viewing
• A 90-minute couples massage
• Daily breakfast, lunch and dinner at the Scrub Island restaurants
• Location dining for two, which allows you to order your meals anywhere on the island
• Nightly Scrub Island turndown service (with an inspirational card and appreciation token)
• Personal concierage service
• Use of resort kayaks, snorkel gear, fitness center and hiking trails
This exclusive island retreat offers a selection of luxuriously appointed ocean view guest rooms, one- or two- bedroom suites as well as spectacular hillside villas. The accommodations unite old world Caribbean charm and understated modern luxury, with rich woods, natural stone flooring, vibrant colors, bamboo ceiling fans, wood-beamed ceilings, and verandas with timeless teak wood furniture. Honeymooners are pampered with king-sized beds adorned with luxurious Egyptian-combed cotton 300 thread-count Fili d-Oro sheets with soft down bedding. Bathrooms feature a separate shower and bathtub with LCD flat-panel televisions and custom bath amenities.
Resort amenities include a full-service marina, luxury spa and fitness center, retail shops, a dramatic lagoon pool with waterfall, beautiful beaches, day boat rentals, fishing charters, sea kayaks, an in-room multimedia experience, and island-wide Internet access.