Romeo Hotel Shows Honeymooners Why Naples Is for Lovers
It is estimated that thousands of couples honeymoon along the Amalfi Coast each year; but most pass through the gateway city of Naples without a pause, ultimately missing chances for memorable moments. Recognizing the romance potential of its home, Romeo Hotel has taken on the role of “amore ambassador” seeking to educate new brides and grooms on the experiences that await outside the airport walls and beyond the docks of the port.
From foodies eager to exchange glances while exchanging tastes of penne pomodoro to fashionista wives and husbands who revel in expanding their shared closet, the hotel’s concierge team has created a list of “must- trys” for every type of honeymooner:
1. Savor re-invented Neapolitan classics at a candle-lit table for two while soaking up views of Mt. Vesuvius at the rooftop restaurant Il Comandante in Romeo Hotel
2. Sip samples from a wine menu of more than 700 labels during a tasting designed just for two at the hotel’s Cristallo Bar
3. Treat your sweetheart to something just as sweet: hand-made chocolates from, Gay-Odin, Naples’ premier chocolate shop named after the owner and the assistant he fell madly in love with
4. A heated debate can often ignite sparks; hold a personal pizza tasting contest at Pizzeria Sorbillo’s to uncover which of their 21 types of pizzas is tops
For Culture Seekers:
1. Expand your minds together contemplating the work of contemporary masters at MADRe, the city’s first museum of contemporary art
2. Shed tears together for the star-crossed lovers Violetta and Alfredo during a performance of La Traviata at Teatro di San Carlo, the world’s oldest continuously active opera house, which recently underwent a complete restoration
3. Purchase a mandolin, the classic instrument of Neapolitan romantic music at Liuteria Calace and learn how to sweetly serenade your spouse for years to come
For Aficionados of the Finer Things:
1. Pamper each other with an afternoon of complete relaxation at Romeo Wellness, the hotel’s recently expanded spa and book a couple’s massage to enjoy the time side-by-side
2. Create fashionable souvenirs as unique as your loved one with a visit to top tailor Rubinacci; dress him in a bespoke suit and her in a dapper dress before heading out for a night on the town
To ensure couples have enough time to enjoy all of the above, Romeo Hotel has created a special just for them. Available year round, the Honeymoon Package includes: a room with a sea view, Italian Breakfast daily, in-room gifts of chocolate and sparkling wine, spa treatments at Romeo Wellness (the hotel’s exclusive spa) and late check-out at 4PM. Rates begin at EUR 400. For more information please visit our website.
About the Romeo Hotel:
Designed to reflect the new face of Naples, the eighty-three room boutique hotel is literally a work of art. The manifestation of the melded visions of renowned architects, designers and artists, Romeo Hotel reflects the dual personalities of its home as both a historic city and lively commercial center. Conceived by famous architect Kenzo Tange and created by his son Paul, it showcases quality design from the glass paneled façade to the TABU wood finishes in each room. Rare and commissioned pieces from top, internationally-known contemporary artists and Neapolitan photographers are found throughout capturing the essence of the city. From classic Neapolitan fare in Il Comandante to traditional Japanese sushi in Zero Sushi Bar, dining at Romeo Hotel is an international affair, while the Cigar Room and Cristallo Bar provide social spaces for mingling and cocktails. Offering a place to escape the hectic pace of Naples, the hotel also features a spa that juxtaposes the themes of water and fire. An outdoor pool deck that seems to blend seamlessly with the Bay of Naples in the horizon completes the experience.