While vacationing in St. Maarten couples will enjoy a natural, picturesque backdrop of swaying palm trees, turquoise blue water and white-sand beaches. Those looking for a St. Maarten vacation with romantic outings filled with passion have countless options...just don't forget your camera!
In St. Maarten, love is
• Sweet - It's been said that chocolate is an aphrodisiac. If this old adage is true, couples will love a trip to the Belgian Chocolate Factory. Tucked away on Old Street in Philipsburg, the delectable store offers 75 different chocolate flavors made daily by factory owner Beatrix. The scent of fresh cocoa beans fills the nearby streets and couples can indulge in the endless selections while watching Beatrix whip up her creations. For more information, visit their website.
• Savory - If the way to a man's heart is truly through his stomach, then couples will hit the culinary jackpot with over 365 dining options on the island. From American and Caribbean to Chinese, Dutch, French, Indian, Italian, Japanese and Mexican, there is truly something for everyone on St. Maarten.
• Mesmerizing - St. Maarten changes "riding off into the sunset" into "sailing off into the sunset" with sunset cruises departing from Pelican Marina. Enjoy sightseeing up the coast to Long Bay, straight into the setting sun onboard the Lambada, or a coastline adventure on the 63-foot catamaran, Tango. For more information, please visit our website
• Captivating - While gazing into one another's eyes may be a beautiful sight for couples, St. Maarten offers many other one-of-a-kind breathtaking views from various areas on the island. Couples can hike up to the Cole Bay Hill observation platform where they can see the islands of Anguilla, St. Kitts and Nevis in the distance.
• Neverending - Stroll hand-in-hand along the neverending stretches of white sand beaches. St. Maarten has 37 beaches providing a perfect backdrop for creating the ideal romantic outing.
These suggested activities are only some of the island's romantic spots. Day excursions and various tours can be found and arranged throughout the island. Many hotels and resorts can accommodate arrangement requests by directing guests to on-island, independent tour operators.