Top 10 Trending Wedding Gifts for the 'Hostess with the Mostess'
With wedding season getting ready to be fully underway, it's likely you'll be looking for a wedding gift for a special bride and groom. I'm happy to welcome etiquette expert, Cheryl Seidel to the blog today as she shares her expert advice on the most unique and useful pieces that every hostess should keep on hand. Whether you're a bride that loves to entertain large crowds or prefer small intimate get together's - you will want to add a few of these fun items to your wedding registry. These pieces also make the perfect birthday, housewarming, or holiday gifts for any friends and family that love to entertain.
1. Make a bold statement with this simple, but stunning tiered server from Williams-Sonoma. The 3-Tiered Stand is crafted from rustic mango wood and stands at 24" inches tall, making it perfect for displaying fruit and cheese, cupcakes, cookies and other delicious goodies.
2. Effortlessly move the party to the living room or backyard with this Wine Bottle and Glass Caddy from Crate&Barrel. It’s crafted from beautiful sheesham wood, and would look fabulous on display in a dining room after the party.
3. Soapstone has amazing thermal properties and the Oven-to-Table Entertainment Platter from Uncommon Goods will keep food at the perfect temperature for serving. You can put the soapstone in the freezer for up to an hour and use it to serve fruit or ice cream. You can also heat it up in the oven to serve hot appetizers or dessert. You can even bake directly on the platter.
4. Serve up 7 quarts of your beverage of choice (maybe a sangria!) in this attractive, handmade Glass Beverage Dispenser from CB2.
5. There are certain occasions (i.e. backyard gatherings or ones that include children) that necessitate the use of casual, unbreakable dishes and cups. The Radiance Aqua Melamine Dinnerware and Drinkware from Bed Bath & Beyond features a trendy Moroccan tile pattern in a cool blue color- a fantastic choice for summer entertaining.
6. The Trudeau Duo Tone Floral Wine Charms from Amazon are made of silicone and adjust to fit on any stem glass. There are 12 in the set and they can stay attached to the glass in the dishwasher. Pair these sweet flowers with a bottle of wine for a fun hostess gift.
7. Set up this beautiful Wildon Home Antique Butterfly Tray Table from WayFair anywhere you need a little extra space for food or drinks. Each Tray Table is handcrafted and easy to transport and has a warm patina finish and a removable tray which can be used with or without the metal stand.
8. Fill these eye-catching glass jars with decorative fruit, plants or flowers - or, you could even stock up on your favorite candy! These Voluminous Containers from Pottery Barn come in several sizes and will add a special touch to your décor.
9. A lovely choice for a casual evening with friends is the Acacia Wood Cheese Board from Macy's that features a hidden compartment that swings out to reveal knives for slicing and spreading both soft and hard cheeses.
10. Keep the drinks chilly and the guests happy with the Artland Oasis Copper Oval Party Tub from Kohl's. This large drink station is constructed from durable metal and the stand elevates the drinks to just the right height, making it excellent for both indoor and outdoor entertaining.
If you've added any of these items to your wedding registry, you are well on your way to becoming "hostess with the mostess". Or, you’ve made a loved one very happy if you've gifted them with one of these great pieces.
About the author, Cheryl Seidel:
Seidel is the author of the Ask Cheryl blog where she helps advise readers with handy tips on how much to spend and when gift giving is appropriate. She is also the founder and President of Registry Finder, an intuitive search engine that helps gift givers quickly and easily find online registries for weddings, baby showers, graduations and more.
this post contains affiliate links