Guest Blogging with celebrity makeup artist Kimara Ahnert
As a bridesmaid, you want to look your best, but you don't want to outshine the bride. Kimara Ahnert, bridal makeup artist extraordinaire, has some simple makeup tips that will have you fresh faced and aisle ready in no time.
On Matching Dress to Makeup
• Choose eye shadow colors that compliment the dress, not that necessarily match the dress. As a rule, accessories should match while beautiful makeup compliments. If your dress is purple, choose makeup that has blue based undertones. For champagne a colored dress, pair yellow based undertones together such as bronze, gold, copper and pewter.
Sun Too Much?
• Don't over tan or over bronze pre wedding. A sun kissed look is fresh, a baked look is not and doesn't compliment the rest of the bridal party in photos.
Ode to Oil Free
• Wear an oil free matte foundation for long lasting coverage set by a powder to keep makeup looking flawless and lasting for hours.
• Don't party too much the night before at the rehearsal dinner. Makeup always looks better on skin that is not tired and puffy from alcohol after a late night.
Keep Up with Touch Ups
• Always keep blush and lip color with you in your purse for reapplying throughout the event. Many brides don't touch up and makeup ends up looking faded by the time the reception starts.