Creating key red carpet looks from Sunday night's Oscars from Editorial Stylist Rolando Beauchamp
I received these great "how to" tips from Bumble and bumble yesterday and I thought it would easily work for wedding hair as well - so here it is:
Stars accented their pale Dior gowns and Fred Leighton diamonds with lady-like polished waves, deep side parts and soft updos that recalled the Old Hollywood glamour of Grace Kelly.
Bumble and bumble. Editorial Stylist Rolando Beauchamp who regularly styles the tresses of starlets Mary Kate and Ashley Olson, Maggie Gyllenhaal and Kristen Davis shares his expertise on how to achieve the A-listers latest Red Carpet looks.
Nominees Kate Winslet and Angelina Jolie opted for loosely waved hair. Here's how to achieve the look.
1. Saturate hair with Bumble and bumble. Styling Creme (8 oz., $23) to provide hair with a bit of volume and grip. Blow out with a large round brush.
2. Use a large one inch and a half curling iron to style entire head. Be sure to to twist the hair away from the face.
3. To achieve volume at the crown, spray a bit of Bumble and bumble. Spray de Mode Hairspray (10 oz., $25) and back comb a bit. For those finer textures in need of extra volume and grip, spray a bit of Bumble and bumble. Hair Powder (4oz, $34) along the roots prior to back combing.
4. Smooth hair back away from face. To add extra polish a la Winslet, pin the ends under around the nape of the neck and secure with bobby pins. For Angelina's more free flowing style simplely pin the sides back and leave the curled ends free.
5. Finish with a bit of Bumble and bumble. Finishing Balm (1.7 oz, $35) along the length of the style and more Bumble and bumble. Spray de Mode Hair Spray (10 oz., $25).
Soft slightly askew buns with deep side parts proved popular with young starlets such as Natalie Portman, Anne Hathaway and Amy Adams. Here's Rolando's advice on how to get the look.
1. Saturate damp hair with Bb. Thickening Spray (8 oz, $24). Blow out with a large round brush. It's important to have a smooth base for an updo, even if it's a slightly textured look such as this one. Without a smooth canvas, this look can appear too messy.
2. Use a one inch and a half curling iron to curl sections around face.
4. Create a very low side part using a fine tooth comb. Make sure your part is perfectly straight. This look is all about the details.
6. Gather hair loosely into a low ponytail and secure with an elastic. You can make the ponytail slightly off-centered for a more youthful look.
7. Take a small section of hair and wrap around the elastic to hide it. Pin hair loosely into a bun. Don't worry it isn't perfect.
8. To add a little character, accent your bun with a jeweled clip.
To order any of the products mentioned above, please go to www.bumbleandbumble.com