Ideas and Inspirations | Photos and Galleries
I received the following email from Ashley and wanted to post my ideas and see if anybody else could share theirs.
"I want to do a beach type wedding, but I would like to have it more in the traditional Japanese style. Any suggestions?"
Dear Ashley ,
If you will be having the wedding on a beach, maybe consider having a stone pathway as the aisle. You can also include Japanese elements in your beach type wedding, including:
- Koi fish (maybe on the invitation?) Koi are symbolically associated with strength and determination
- white fans for you and your bridesmaids to carry, or for your guests
- bonsai trees as centerpieces
- bamboo bowls and dishes for food presentation
- paper lanterns
- napkins tied with ribbon and adorned with an orchid
- marry under a bamboo chuppah
- have guests sit in bamboo chairs
Japanese Koi Wedding Invitation Collection from SandyPhotoArt's etsy shop
Necklace from beadsss' esty shop (features Vintage Japanese glass, coin pearl and swarovski crystal necklace)
The following images courtesy of Brides.com - Wedding Cake featuring sugar bamboo and accented with sugar river-rocks and orchids, Bamboo Placesettings, Bamboo Guest Chairs, Orchid at place setting, Candle Wedding Favors featuring sand dollars affixed to bamboo-molded candles, Escort Cards displayed in sand and secured with river stones, Rice-Paper Parasol