Hallak's Bridal Emergency Kit
Hallak Cleaners, one of the leading couture cleaners in the US, now offers a Bridal Emergency Kit to put your mind at ease on your wedding day. Priced at only $25 per kit, it makes the perfect shower gift for the bride or gift for each of your bridal attendants. The kit includes last-minute solutions for rips, tears, spots, and stains, as well as important extras for the hair, nails, and skin. The kit is available online at www.hallak.com (along with a complete list of all items included in the kit) or at select bridal boutiques nationwide.
Also included in the kit is a booklet with details on the special bridal services offered by Hallak Cleaners and other helpful tips.
Joe Hallak, principal and couture specialist offers our readers the following tips to deal with those last minute stain emergencies and what to do "day-of" if an accident does happen.
The Bridal Stain Emergency Tips:
1. Learn to recognize and understand the difference between water-based and oil-based stains to start you off in the right direction
2. Always test the solution on a hidden area of your dress to ensure that it won’t yellow
3. Common stains and their solutions:
• Make-up: use lemon dish detergent
• Fresh blood: use peroxide
• Fresh champagne: wipe down with cold water, fan out and blow dry
• Car grease: use Lestoil
Please Note: These tips are suggested for dresses made of poly/sateen blend, which make up 75% of wedding gowns purchased in the US today.